Archbishop Damiano School serves students, ages 3 - 21, with moderate to severe cognitive disabilities and various educational classifications. Many of our students experience significant medical challenges, orthopedic issues, and rare genetic conditions. The purpose of our admissions process is to ensure that Archbishop Damiano School can meet the unique needs of each student seeking admission.
All of our current students were referred by their local school districts. Sending districts are responsible for tuition and transportation for referred students.
Pre-admission visits are helpful in determining if the school is appropriate for the student. Parents or district personnel can schedule visits to Archbishop Damiano School prior to completing a formal admissions application by either submitting the admission request form or contacting the Executive Director/Principal, Michele McCloskey, at 856-812-6030.
Admission Instructions for Sending Districts
In order to begin the admissions process, Archbishop Damiano School requests the following information prior to scheduling an intake visit:
- Please submit an Admission Request form. Alternatively, please mail a letter requesting placement. The letter should include the student's name, age, grade, the parent's name, address and telephone number, as well as the district case manager's name and telephone number.
- The most recent IEP (if available).
- The most recent evaluations.
- Once the referral information has been received, an intake visit will be scheduled. At minimum, the parent/guardian and the prospective student should attend the intake visit. The district case manager and other interested parties are also welcome to attend.
- The decision regarding acceptance is made within 24 hours of the intake visit. Acceptance or non-acceptance is communicated to the district case manager.