We are so happy to be back in school!! However we need to stay prepared for whatever may come. We are still utilizing Microsoft TEAMS for all of our classrooms! Even when students and faculty are together in school TEAMS is still a fantastic communication and sharing tool for student and families together! See below for instruction and details!
Remote learning has been a journey for all of us, and we are grateful to the diligence and creativity of our staff and parents during this time. In an effort to continue serving our students and families with uniformity and the best education/therapeutic support, Archbishop Damiano School will be using Microsoft Teams as our learning platform beginning September 2020.
Microsoft Teams is a digital hub where teachers can video conference, hold class meetings and collaborate on virtual whiteboards. Learners of all abilities will be able to participate in classroom setting. Therapy sessions can also be conducted via video conferencing using teams. One of the best features of Microsoft Teams is the ability to record sessions and replay at any time. With assignments, conversations and video calls all pulled together, Teams is a great all-in-one hub for the collaborative classroom. Staff and students can engage with virtual face-to-face connections and activities.
Microsoft Teams is a free app that can be downloaded on any computer, iPad, tablet or cell phone. You will receive account login information for your child and will have the opportunity to accept class meetings and therapy sessions. Thank you for your continued support.
Remote Instruction Guidelines/Expectations
September 3. 2020
Dear Parents & Guardians,
At Archbishop Damiano School we pride ourselves in offering your child a rich and fulfilling school program. As we look to start another school year of learning while at home, we have compiled a list of parental guidelines/expectations to support the ADS staff in delivering the high quality learning experiences that you have come to expect and trust. Your participation is so important, and greatly appreciated. Please contact your child’s teacher with any questions.
Attendance is to be completed daily. Please submit daily attendance by 9:00am.
- Complete electronic daily attendance by accessing the following link: New Student Attendance Form
- Form now also available on students Teams classroom!
EDUCATIONAL & THERAPEUTIC RECOMMENDATIONS
- Follow your child’s instructional schedule provided by the teacher.
- Utilize a learning space free of or with limited distractions.
- Be available to provide supports for your child during remote instruction or tele-therapy.
- Provide your child with breaks as needed. (You can leave
- To the maximum extent possible, participate in all live-streamed instructional sessions.
- When not possible to attend live sessions, view the recorded instructional session and complete assigned tasks. Recorded sessions will be available in your child’s classroom on the Microsoft Teams app. Recorded instructional sessions will only be available for one week from the date of the live session.
- Be sure that your child’s teacher and therapist are aware of the best way to contact and reach you. (Phone, email, text)
- Collaborate with your child’s therapist(s) to establish a consistent time for your child’s tele-therapy session(s). Once scheduled, it is important to adhere to that schedule.
- If you are unable to log on for a scheduled tele-therapy session, please let the therapist know in advance.
- All therapists will log on for tele-therapy sessions and wait 10 minutes before dismissing the session.
- Should you log on late to your child’s therapy session, they will only receive the remaining time of the defined tele-therapy session. Therapists are unable to readjust schedules because of lateness.
It is especially important that your child receive the remote services ADS provides. ADS has an obligation to the NJ Department of Education, and your child’s school district to provide services to the greatest extent possible. Should you miss 3 consecutive sessions, the following measures will be taken:
- Staff will notify administration of 3 consecutive missed educational or tele-therapy sessions.
- Administrative action may include a call or note home from an ADS administrator.
- Should lack of participation continue, ADS administration will notify your child’s school district.
- Your child’s case manager may contact you to discuss the nature of the situation and ways to ensure participation.
Archbishop Damiano School is committed to supporting your child’s educational needs during the Covid-19 emergency. Below there are links to each remote classroom’s e-learning page. Click that link to see the e-learning activities for your child. Also, there are links to occupational, physical, speech therapy activities and adapted physical education. Paper-based supplementary material will continued to be mailed to your home address. A copy of our current Reopening Plans can be found below.
The following websites are available to you and your child. Your child's teacher will direct you to appropriate online activities. Our students also have access to other websites. Should your child’s teacher use those website, access information will be posted on the classroom page.
Website Link User name Password
BrainPop Jr. https://jr.brainpop.com/ sjogcs ADS1145
Starfall https://www.starfall.com/h/ Gzink@sjogcs.org aDsd1stance
Tumblebooks https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com ads books
Help Kidz Learn https://www.helpkidzlearn.com/ JoelleRossi 1145Delsea